It’s that time of year when we are all busy planning for the Christmas holidays. As December arrives so does the cold weather, with frost and the occasional flurry of snow.
Having an emergency blockage during this busy time of year can be stressful, so with a little forward planning you can save yourself any emergency blockages or drainage issues. We have put together 5 weather prevention methods that will help keep your drains running as they should this holiday season.
Winter Drainage Tips
- Remove any fallen leaves to stop gullies blocking.
- Get septic tanks emptied.
- Turn off outside water taps to prevent frozen pipes.
- Make sure all guttering is clear of leaves to help prevent down pipes freezing and blocking.
- Over the festive season when we are cooking more, don’t wash the fat of food from plates down the kitchen sink.
No matter how small it may seem, it is important to deal with any drainage issue that arises as soon as possible. This will stop it turning into a major problem, just as you are starting to get ready to enjoy the festive season with friends and family.
At West Sussex Drains, we know that a drainage issue can strike at any time and understand how stressful this can be. We cover West Sussex and Hampshire and are on call 24/7, 365 days a year. To discuss how we can help you, call us on 01243 671359 or contact us via the website.