Blocked, or problem, drains are a complete nightmare…
They happen at the worst possible time.
They are expensive to sort out.
They are just an all-round head ache!
Once your drains are blocked, you can either use nasty, strong, hazardous shop-bought chemicals, or call in a professional, costing you time and money.
Most of the time your drains are “out of sight, out of mind”, but when they do act up, then they are most definitely at the forefront of your mind.
We can’t promise you will never need to call us. But, following a few simple rules will certainly reduce the chances of needing to call us out.
- Remove the plugs from your sinks, baths and showers, and pull out all the hair and debris. Shampoo and shower gels can cause the hair to become sticky.
- Pour a kettle of hot water down the plug hole to help dissolve the build-up of products.
- Clean the filter in your dishwasher. Food is great at getting all clogged up.
- Don’t flush anything other than toilet roll. Bag and bin all wrappers, sanitary wear, cotton buds, tooth floss and make-up wipes.
- Wash down the gullies outside your kitchen sink with hot water.
- Pick up and bin all loose leaves and garden debris, as this gets stuck in the gully grids and cause the water to back up.
- Make sure all gully grids are clear and not broken.