Have you ever experienced a gurgling plug hole or your water not draining away properly? These could be signs to look out for before you will need an emergency plumber!
What to look out for?
If you are experiencing any of the five following signs, your drain runs could be blocked or are starting to block up.
- Gurgling plug holes
- Smells coming from the plug hole
- Water not draining away
- Water backing up in the bath or shower
- Gully covers overflowing with wastewater
If you can unblock your drains yourself either by clearing the blockage manually or putting an unclogging solution down the plughole, this will also reduce the need for you to call out a plumber. If the drain still continues to be clogged or blocked this is when a specialist will need to be called.
Finding the best emergency plumber for the job
When deciding who to call out to do work for you, here are a few tips to remember:
- Always check to see that other customers are happy with the company.
- Checkatrade is good for seeing other people’s feedback about a company and making sure they provide the service you require.
- Explain clearly what has happened and ask for a quote first.
- When the job has been completed, ask the engineer what he did and ask how to prevent it from happening again.
If you are in need of a emergency plumber in West Sussex, we can help! We offer a 24 hour service, 365 days a year. Contact us on 01243 671 359 and one of our drainage experts will be happy to help, no matter what time of the day!